Sunday 9 December 2007

a night when God seemed good

I received the following text

"hi grace herd u culdnt get tckts 4 messiah 2nite - i got spare!!! do u want????"

And so, I ended up going to an absolutely stunning performance of Handel's Messiah with two of my soon-to-be Bridesmaids.

Last time I heard the Messiah live, a few days before Christmas '05, one of those Bridesmaids was in hospital with potentially only weeks to live. I remember sitting there, praying throughout the performance that she'd live.

And she did. She sat there this evening beside me mouthing every word of the performance. Next year, next Christmas, she should be in that choir.

After weeks of frustration, tension and blinding annoyance, tonight God seemed extremely kind.

1 comment:

Naomi J. said...

God is good.

It's a truth I'm trying to hold on to...