Wednesday 13 August 2008

Grace's Spiritual Homemaking Challenge: Update #4

I'm bored. So bored that my imagination, in its newly-married state, is beginning to explore some interesting horizons.

This spiritual homemaking, biblical womanhood, antifeminist stuff is all a plot from the patriarchy, surely. An attempt to justify keeping women in their place chained to the kitchen sink. This is fine for women who enjoy keeping their houses clean, enjoy the bondage-type thrill of domestically delighting their husbands in a kinky submissive sort of way... and truly, yes, one can find Christ whilst doing absolutely anything... but no, I'm yet to be turned on by rubber gloves...

But I've (whilst plugging on with the housework) just counted eleven rolls of sellotape in the bedroom. Endless possibilities, surely...

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

If you're thinking of wrapping yourself up in it a la Maribel Morgan, use plastic wrap. It's easier. (If you don't know about this, google "Total Woman.")

grace said...

I also had to google "saran wrap"... my goodness. It'd keep me dry on the doorstep, too. Thanks for that :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the spirituality of a job well done, whatever it is.