Sunday 8 June 2008

how I managed to reconnect with my inner evangelical

By reading on Facebook that Valeska has changed her religious views from "wondering about many things" to "Christian"... and by finding myself absolutely, utterly delighted.

Valeska and I met online at 3am at some point in 1998 or thereabouts, back when the idea of finding someone from your home town online was a startling coincidence and back when becoming friends with someone you'd met online was all edgy and postmodern. This being back in 1998, when the thought of her being a knife-wielding pervert didn't even cross my mind, we agreed to meet at 3am the next morning. (Like, as you do.) So yes, we go back a while, Valeska and I. And given that ours has been a friendship very much fuelled by our insomniac tendencies, we've spent a fair amount of time thinking about g/God/s/esses together.

So it's lovely not only to realise that I'm delighted that she's become a Christian because it proves my faith in it all is still alive, it's wonderful that Valeska's now a Christian because being a Christian is great. And it's wonderful, too, that I just wrote that...

1 comment:

Naomi J. said...

Congrats to her, and to you. :)