Monday 14 January 2008

the seven-facts-about-me [or I can't sleep] meme

From lilwatchergirl, who tagged me some time ago...

Seven facts about myself
1. I've only just learned how to use html to underline what I'm writing. I had a grandfather who liked to underline everything he wrote.
2. That was the same grandfather who once told me that Arthur Scargill was the most evil man who had ever lived. Until an extremely amused Sunday School teacher explained otherwise, I held an elaborate and sophisticated theology of Arthur Scargill as Satan incarnate, exactly in the same was as Jesus is God incarnate.
3. Talking of miner's strikes and suchlike, I think Billy Elliot was a lovely film. There's still a weeeeeny little bit of me that would have loved to be a ballerina too...
4. ... and it's fortunate that it's only such an ickle bit of me that does, because I cannot dance at all, and don't particularly even enjoy trying...
5. ... which is unfortunate because He To Whom I'm About to Be Married is an exceptionally good dancer. If he didn't come from a place even more macho than 80s Easington, he may well have ended up in a tutu...
6. ... but that's enough about that because my mum may be reading this. She's one of only four people who know "Grace" in real life.
7. I sometimes find real life utterly overwhelming.

3 comments:

Naomi J. said...

Hee. You linked them! Very Grace-like facts, those.

Now you've got me thinking of my grandfather, and wishing I'd put (as one of my seven facts) the oddity that is our family history. We were the [insert British-Jewish sounding surname]s until Grampy met my grandmother, converted to Anglicanism, and changed the family name to [insert very dull English name here]. And that's just the beginning of the family history fun.

Congrats on learning how to underline. Have you mastered italics yet?

grace said...

Like this? Yes, I think so...

Naomi J. said...

Ah. Congrats.