Wednesday 31 October 2007

and then what?

When you feel as though they've really bollocksed up under all known employment procedures and then managed to slide away from it, what do you do? In the words of Phillip Yancey, we're all of us bastards and God loves us anyway. So essentially, then, you forgive them and you love them. But can I do that? Maybe. However, my sense of kinship with and passion for them has been extinguished.

A woman from church asked me this evening whether Fiance and I had moved in together yet. I told her that if we had, I would certainly no longer be allowed to continue in my job. She giggled nervously and replied oh but I was just trying to be open-minded about these things. I didn't tell her that, last week, I was on the verge of walking away from my job and moving right in with him.

4 comments:

a feckless boy said...

it seems a bit insensitive to say I'm enjoying your blog...but i am.
thanks

grace said...

Insensitive? Not at all. I'm glad people are reading

a feckless boy said...

I guess what i have in mind with the word "enjoy" is, this is your life, and enjoy seems such a trivial, vouyeristic word to use when someone is revealing something of what's happening there. I think for me at least, what I like about your honesty is the way it kind of resonates with a similar journey I've been on myself, in leaving Evangelicalism behind for...who knows what.

cheers
fb

cheers

grace said...

I think that's essentially why I set up this blog. I'm looking for people with whom to resonate. And I like your blog, too.